Mr. Prakash Javadekar, Hon’ble Minister, Environment, Forests and Climate Change has just returned after the ground breaking COP 21 conclave.
The Hon’ble Minister will be joining us on 19th Dec ’15 with a video speech, his first after the Paris conclave.
So do come and bring like minded friends along to hear what exactly transpired in Paris.
Looking forward to meeting you all at Wadke Hall, Corporation building at 3:30pm.
Climate Change has been grabbing the headlines for quite a while. And why is that? Because… if Global warming goes on at the present rate, it will affect the quality of our life in a very negative way. We will suffer for sure but more than us, it will be our children and grandchildren who will have to bear the brunt of our generation’s misuse of resources.
Today we have some good news to celebrate: the 196 countries that met at Paris have unanimously agreed on how they will manage the environment and control the rate of global warming. That’s good, but it’s still not enough. We cannot just wait and trust our government to take appropriate action to protect our future. If we are serious about protecting our environment then it has to be the combined effort of the Government, the Administration and the Citizens.
With this sincere conviction in mind National Society for Clean Cities, Pune has invited representatives from the Government, Administration and the Citizens to come together at its monthly meeting on Saturday 19th December 2015 at Wadke Hall, PMC, at 3.30pm to discuss this huge problem: “Climate Change and the way forward for Pune”.
1. Children from Viman Nagar will present a mime show on the subject.
2. Col. Shashikant Dalvi (Retd.) of National Society for Clean Cities, Pune and Climate Reality District Manager will speak of NSCC’s plans of getting citizens involved.
3. Ms. Vandana Chavan (M.P., Rajya Sabha) has been in the forefront of the Environment Movement in Pune. She has been trained at one of the first Climate Reality Workshop by Al Gore. She has just returned from the COP21 deliberation in Paris. Ms. Chavan will explain the issues connected with Climate Change and the role to be played by governments.
4. Mr. Kunal Kumar, IAS, Municipal Commissioner of Pune, will brief us on PMC’s plans in keeping with the Climate Change targets.
5. Citizens question and speak.
6. Mr. DVR Rao will give the Vote of Thanks
Climate Change is the most important issue facing us and we all have to act.
Do come for the NSCC meeting at Wadke Hall at 3.30 pm on Saturday 19th December 2015.
Do bring your friends and family along.
Looking forward to meeting you all..
For National Society for Clean Cities, Pune
DVR Rao Aneeta Benninger